Are you ready?
Most young people who choose to have early sex say that they regret it afterwards.
You are probably not ready for sex if:
- You are doing it because you think everyone else is or because you are scared of getting dumped if you don’t
- Someone is trying to persuade or pressure you to have sex
- You have not talked about condoms and contraception
- You don’t trust the person you might have sex with
- You don’t feel in control of your decisions
- You think you might regret afterwards
Many young people feel pressure to have sex and saying ‘No’ is not always easy. However you have the right to say ‘No’ and it can be a positive choice.
Ways to say no:
- I like you but I want to wait
- I’m not ready
- I don’t want to have sex now
- I won’t be persuaded
- I feel under too much pressure
- I’d be doing it for all the wrong reasons
Remember: No Rush, No Worry, No regret – Are you Ready?
With thanks to Jo Adams